Adequate Notice of CD5 Constitutional Amendment
The SD61 Convention which will be Saturday, March 29th at Burroughs Elementary School — the same place we had Caucuses. It begins at 10am, so please arrive a little earlier. Registration will open at 9:30am. We will be selecting Delegates to CD5. That Convention will be on April 12th at 10am at the CRYSTAL VFW POST 494, 5222 Bass Lake Road, Crystal, MN 55429. If you plan seek election as a delegate to CD5, please read the notice below.
The 5th CD Constitution Committee has recommended amendments to the 5th CD Constitution. The Fifth Congressional District will consider these amendments at its convention on Saturday, April 12, 2014. The amendments will consist of the following:
- Grammatical corrections throughout the document
- Corrections of Article and Section numbering throughout the document
- Removal of outdated references (including references to non-existent regulatory bodies, and officer positions that no longer exist)
- Revision of the “Amendments” article:
- Threshold for passage of a constitutional amendment at the convention reduced from 60% to a majority
- Deletion of the 60% quorum requirement
- Requirement that notice of amendments to be provided to delegates and alternates 10 days before a convention (reduced from 20 days) Specification that written, electronic or telephone notice shall be provided for delegates and alternates
- Deletion of the requirement that constitutional amendments passed at a 5th CD convention be ratified by Full BPOU executive committees.
The text of the proposed constitutional amendments was posted for delegate and alternate review on the 5th CD website on March 17th.