MN Political Contribution Refund Program

Registered voters who contribute to a registered political party, or to a state level partisan candidate who agreed to limit campaign expenditures, are eligible to apply for a refund of their contribution. Only monetary contributions, and not donations of goods or services, qualify for the refund.

The maximum refund contributors may receive is $50 per person or $100 for married couples. Those individuals may file only one refund application per year and there is no opportunity to amend their Political Contribution Refund (PCR).

To receive a refund, a contributor must:
1. Get a receipt (EP-3) from the political party or candidate to whom the contribution was made.

2. Fill out Form PCR, which can be downloaded at this link (2007 Department of Revenue PCR Form), or obtained from the Minnesota Department of Revenue.

3. Attach the receipt (EP 3) to the application (Form PCR) for the appropriate year.

4. Mail the application form and receipt to the Minnesota Department of Revenue at:

Minnesota Political Contribution Refund
Minnesota Department of Revenue
St. Paul, MN 55146-1800

The refund program is not tied to the state income tax form. PCR forms must be filed separately. A taxpayer may file a claim for the PCR immediately after making the contribution. Claims for contributions made during one calendar year may be filed during that calendar year and must be filed not later than April 15th of the next calendar year.